Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Customize your greenhouse !


So tonight I did was I said I would and built my mini greenhouses around my zucchinis. I did have some trouble building the frames since I was alone but I managed. Now I have no idea if it will do anything. But I did leave two zucchinis outside to see differences. I've read that some gardeners extend their gardening season by having raised beds and putting a small hoop greenhouse when the temperature starts dropping. I will of course try this eventually. but I need more time to get more dirt and planks for the raising of the earth. But hey I'm in my first year! So plenty of time left. Here's a link to the video I made of it on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQe94J-MRRs --UPDATE-- When I took the pictures for this entry I noticed that the inside of the greenhouses were singnifically hotter than the exterior. So I supposed they will help after all =)

4 comments:

  1. PainChaud, That was a great use of the material available at hand. I guess re-using is very much a part of being self reliable, by reducing money spending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I did not spend a dime today..all stuff I had lying around the house and reclaimed wood from my old fence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting blog!
    And the idea for greenhouse is excellent. I have just built my greenhouse for winter, so Im all into this topic now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks vrtlarica. saddly I can'T use my greenhouse after october due to the cold and soon to come snow. But you have fun with your greenhouse =)

    ReplyDelete